Saturday, October 6, 2012

Monumentally Monetarily MESMORIZED by "MARTHA'S" Marvelous MERINO...

...at MICHAEL'S!!


[INSERT a Vacuum-SUCKING Sound coming from My "BUDGET"...]

SOOO... AUNTIE had a *not*-so-"Little" BINGE-STASH-"Moment" Today... Let's just "say" that *much* LOTTERY-WINNING this Weekend *would* be "..A GOOD THING.."!!

And, don't think that I DIDN'T *notice* that EVIL-"hehe-I-MADE-HER-BUY-IT!"-SMIRK on MANAGER-DAVE's Face when He saw The PILE in My CART!!

When We showed up at MICHAEL'S in the BLISTERY Early Afternoon, the ADVERT-FLYER mention of ON-SALE "MARTHA STEWART CRAFTS" YARN had totally SLIPPED My Mind... UNTIL, I *saw* the DISPLAYS!

Oooo!! ALPACA! -- GREAT COLOURS! *SUPER*-GREAT-PRICE! ...wait... NUTS! IT's NOT
"100%"!? -- There's ACRYLIC in IT?!? eeuwww... okay. Wasn't there *suppose-to-be* some MERINO, as well..?

AH-HA!! -- YES!! 100%!! -- WOOHOO!!



50g BALLS for $2.99!! - [regularly $10.99 - And, such NICE COLOURS! - Although, I do hope They get MORE..?] -- I began to *PILE*!

Then, seeing as I had a 50%-OFF-COUPON that "needed" USING, I picked up *another* BALL of the PATONS "Classic Wool".

Later on, NEXT to the CHECK-OUT, I noticed - [as in, almost tripped over IT!] - another DISPLAY-RACK of MERINO!?! -- [Can't Believe that I *almost* MISSED IT!] - That was where I Found the LAST 6-BALLS of that "PEACOCK"-Colour...

Anyhoo, I got 26-BALLS in Total. For "now"...

6 PEACOCK
3 PEWTER
5 MILK-GLASS PINK
5 ARTEMISIA
1 BUTTERMILK
3 POPPY
3 IGLOO


MEANWHILE... I came across These CERAMIC BAKING-PAN-CUPS Earlier. -- THESE Colours weren't OUT Last TUESDAY... THEY were ON-SALE for $1.49. - [SEE 02OCT2012 POST]




We were STILL THERE for well over an HOUR! - MOTHER had been Busy with Voting on a CAKE-DECORATING-CONTEST and Later, with picking through the Near-Emptied-RACKS of the 25 to 50-Cents Items... Where I also, happened onto a Bunch of METAL NUMBER-STENCILS like the LETTERS that I've Previously Acquired - [SEE 14MAR2012 POST] - I do Love "METAL NUMBERS"!

Eventually, I made My Way OUT to The CAR... OW!!?! -- CRAP!

I just caught My RIGHT-PINKY-FINGER in a "SLOT" on the PLASTIC GROCERY-BUCKET in the Trunk.. Sliced-up a little Flap of SKIN!

-- A "CRAFT-WARS" WOUND!!


IT was getting Late and We still needed to get to THE MALL... Along the Way, WIND. CLOUDS. RAIN SPRINKLES... WHOA! Check IT out!

- A really BRIGHT & WIDE **RAINBOW**!! -- COOL!

Anyway, We ended up Spending MORE Time than We had intended at THE MALL, as We RAN into some PEOPLE-We-had-Recently-Met... *Much* CONVERSATION ensued.
At least, IT kept Me from SPENDING any *more* MONEY!!

-- A GOOD THING!!    

*******************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. I can never find deals like that here at our Michaels. Such pretty colors. Love it

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10