Saturday, April 2, 2011

*Crafty* Card Swapping

WOW! *Another* Super-SPRING Saturday!

Yet - strangely - not many People about... Well, at least *not* around Here... Whatever. NOT a Problem! Less TRAFFIC for Me.

So. We headed over to the OTTAWA ARTISANS GUILD Springtime Show at Lester B. Pearson High School... It's just a few Minutes away - sans Red Lights. -- There were a few NEW Faces this Time. And, We ended up staying longer than We had planned on - "Chatting" People up, will DO that.

And, OH, *just* before We turned into the Parking Lot, We BOTH realized that We had FORGOTTEN Our Cameras at HOME!!

**NUTS**!!

Anyway... I'm just going to have to rely on the odd Pic that I've poached from the various ARTISANS and CRAFTERS We spoke with - at least the Ones *with* Websites!

First off, We conversed with SUSAN FRANKLIN of SUE'S STITCHERY - She does some rather Complex-looking Mini-LOOM-type - I think it was Crochet - AFGHANS. AND, absolutely *Cool* RAGGEDY ANN DOLLS!! -- I haven't seen so many of THOSE in AGES!! I *really* WISH that She had a Website to show Them off.

"STREAMLINE" - Leah Hicks




Although, We didn't speak with Her, I did enjoy the ARTWORK of LEAH HICKS - Abstract, but *very* Colourful and Textural.



THIS Canvas, was One of My Favourites. And, was *much* more Striking *in person*!







The - CRISP - Chromatic Hues of ALEX JOHNSTON's Poncho-Shawls was what initially grabbed My attention, and Our subsequent "chat"...






I took a liking to KATE ARNOLD's - of
BOMBSHELL'S CLOSET - use
of Suitcases for Her "FLIGHTS of
FANCY" Feathered Hair Accessories.


She also has the making of an interesting BLOOG going on...






There were also a Couple of "Figure" Sculpture Artists... The First One that We spoke with - I believe it was LYNN of LYNN'S DIVINE CREATIONS... I keep forgetting to actually READ People's NAME TAGS!! Anyway, She had these lovely "Bronzed"-like Sculpted Figurines mounted on Rocks. But, alas, I had no Camera, and She, NO Website!







The Other One, was NANCY LEIGH-SMITH with wonderfully whimsical Fibre-Figures...



And, THIS TEAPOT!





The CRAFT SHOW continues until Tomorrow and supports the OTTAWA FOOD BANK.

*********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10