Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MAHALO!!

TO THOSE THAT SERVED... 70 Years Ago and SINCE!

http://ussarizona.org


About 30-odd Years Ago, I travelled to HAWAII for the First of *many* Visits...

SISTER-S calls Me up one Day - [I think She was in Regina then..?] - to Say, "..I have this Vacation-Time that I have to Use-It-Or-Lose-It. Wanna go to Hawaii?"

A Few Hours later.. We were BOOKED! -- TWO WEEKS with My #1 BFF! Was the BEST TRIP EVER!

LONG-STORY-SHORT...
We took a Boat Trip around PEARL HARBOR and to The ARIZONA. Although We never went onboard The Memorial, We circled the Area... I still remember seeing the submerged "ring" where, I think, one of the Gun-Turrets went..?

I also came away that Day, with a *nasty* Sunburn on My Legs from being out ON the Water for Hours *without* Sunscreen! -- I *KNOW* Better NOW!

And, EVERY Time I put ANY on, I REMEMBER **THAT** "VISIT"!!

**********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10