Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Timeless ART of DEVOUT THRIFTINESS...

I REALLY DON'T KNOW *WHY* I BOTHERED TO GET UP "EARLY"-ish...
It STILL took Us *Forever* to Leave!!

okay..FIRST OFF... IT was a Gorgeous Day!! SUNNY!! Just the *right* Temps for YARD SALE-ing!

Just Outside Our "Neighbourhood", on the Main Road is this small CHURCH that was having a
"GARAGE-SALE"... 9am to Noon... We didn't *depart* until 12:20-ish.

And then, there's the Part where The CHURCH - [although on THIS Side of the one of the Big-Intersections] - is on the OTHER-Side of the Road-Divider, and the ONLY Way to GET There, is to Drive a 1/4-Km further to Turn Left into a Parking Lot, then Double-Back! A Process that takes *several* Minutes, depending on the Lights AND TRAFFIC!

We *ARRIVED* at 12:30. People were Packing-Up. However, IT *was* a CHARITY-Sale, so NO ONE was going to "quibble" about Our Purchasing-Tardiness... AND, MOTHER just *happened* to Know a Couple of the LADIES who still had STUFF on Their Table! -- Not to mention, by this Time
"PRICES" were a Give-Away. Literally!





For a DOLLAR, I got THIS HUGE WICKER BASKET. Needs a bit of "dusting" and, there are a few Rough-Edges, but good enough to Use for "something"!

-- I suppose I could always make a Liner for IT..?








Got THESE Cute NOTE CARDS for a DIME!








AFTER Dragging MOTHER away from the NICE-BUSY-PEOPLE-TRYING-TO-CLOSE-UP, We headed to BEACON HILL.

Only ONE SALE of any Note There. However, despite MOTHER's lone purchase of a MAGAZINE, We ended up CHATTING with the SWEET-OLD-LADY and Her DAUGHTERS for *over* a Half-Hour!!
-- So much for "hoping" to Find OTHER-SALES!

But, We went with the BACKUP-PLAN and dropped by at The SALLY-ANN.

-- hmm... Looks like "Someone" Donated "Someone Else's" YARN STASH!? --

Mostly "Synthetics", but Good-Quality Stuff. I managed to Pick-out THIS BATCH of Red WOOL.
There were 5-Balls of THIS Oatmeal-GREY "KROY" and a BLUE-Mix One - [75% Wool / 25% Nylon] - which MOTHER took "possession of"! -- I only got THIS ONE because IT was an Odd-LOT-BALL.




BTW, with the SENIORS' DISCOUNT, THEY were about 89-Cents EACH!

We hit a Few more STOPS - in My SEARCH for the "RIGHT" WATCH BATTERY! -- I eventually met with Success at ZELLERS! Oooo, and IT was 30%-OFF, too! -- YAY!

And, **YES**! The WATCH is Now WORKING!!


Meanwhile, in THE MALL's Food-Court Area, there was a BOOK-SALE going on... Of course, THEY were also "Packing-Up" when We showed UP! -- For 50-Cents, I got THIS...




...for My "ART LIBRARY"...

************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Love the book...and would be interested in what other treasures you have in your Art Library! I've been collecting for awhile too, and when my son abandons his bedroom for college in august I am turning his room into my "study/library/studio"

    I will leave his bed there though. Just in case he comes back!! :D

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10