Saturday, January 29, 2011

As the Shovel Scoops...

BY CHANCE, I GAZED upon the passing Face of The EVIL SNOWPLOW GUY, Today... *crap*!  He's actually Cute and Strapping... I *HATE* when that HAPPENS!  ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Well... "Something" sure made up for that ONE DAY of *not* Shovelling! Looks like whatever Snow that DIDN'T fall Yesterday, decided to miraculously appear with TODAY'S Amount! -- Okay, granted, it wasn't like TONS of IT, but just suspiciously 2-Days worth instead of the "normal" ONE...

And, it's still coming down off and on... I know what I'll *probably* be DOING, Tomorrow.

Anyhoo... AFTERward, Milk had to be had. However, since the Road Conditions were so-so in spots, and Saturdays being as they are, We decided to stick closer to Home in Our Food Foray. For pretty much the Same Price, CANADIAN TIRE [Yes. They have Groceries There now!] is closer than COSTCO.

Oh, We got EGGS, too! -- Exciting, huh?

Then, it was that almost DAILY Pilgrimage to THE MALL... MOTHER forgot to get Her LOTTERY Tickets Yesterday...

Hey..? The PET STORE is *Closing*!! Huh... wow.. IT's been There since DAY ONE. I wonder WHAT the Story is? Gonna be a LOT of ticked off Kids around Here over THAT!

Meanwhile, upon Our Return, that FIRST Round of LAUNDRY had finished. Time to WASH the Load, AGAIN! -- And, You're ALL wondering, "WHY?"...

So, Thursday, when I returned MRS. CLEAN back Home, She had this "excess" Pile of SWEATERS and a Rack of SHIRTS from One of Her Sons, that She wanted Me to go through... They were in Her Spotless-You-Really-Can-Eat-OFF-the-Floor GARAGE. She was planning on Donating them, but thought I might like First Dibbs on the Selection...

I picked out the 100% COTTONs and a WOOL One. Took them Home.... It wasn't UNTIL, I brought them INside - where it was WARM - that I noticed *how* SMOKEY they were!!   UGH!! 
I immediately sealed them into a Plastic Bag to BE *washed* LATER! -- BTW, MRS. CLEAN's Sense of Smell, has been shot for YEARS!

Anyhoo, "Later" is now, "NOW"... Round Two of Washing included a healthy Dose of BAKING SODA! It seems to have done the Trick... The 2 SWEATERS and 3 SHIRTS are currently "AIR" Drying in the LAUNDRY-FURNACE Area... The Smell seems to be gone - as much as I can tell... Although, the WOOL-SHIRT still has that "wet-wool" scent to it. -- One of the Reasons "why", I prefer MERINO Wool! It *doesn't* have that "smell".

I *do* hope that the nice BROWN-MAROON Flannel SHIRT fits Me...

************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10