Thursday, March 28, 2013

The **STAY-HOME**-BUDGET-SAVINGS-PLAN!!

I REALLY SHOULD *LEAVE* MY "PLASTIC" *AT* HOME!!

I had to go DOWNTOWN, Today. Which meant, I was *EXPOSED* to SHOPPING-MALLS-ALONG-THE-BUS-ROUTES... As in, the RIDEAU CENTRE MALL...

And, was subsequently, SUCKED-INTO the *SALES-VORTEXES* of THE GAP and OLD NAVY - [$15. COTTON-*LINEN* SHIRTS plus My 15%-OFF-COUPON..?!!] -- *HOW* could I RESIST?!

But, FIRST...

Apparently, there's this Little-YARN-Shop Called "YARNS, ETC.", about a Block over from the RIDEAU CENTRE MALL that I've only Recently "Heard-About"! -- So. Seeing as the Weather was SUNNY and NICE, I thought I'd give IT a LOOKSEE...

At this Point, I should also make a "Mention" concerning ITS "Location"... The SHOP is on a Side-Street across from the Old "OGILVY'S" DEPARTMENT STORE, which Closed-Down YEARS ago!! And, is just *NOW* being torn down... A NOT-so-Funny-Thing about THAT...

BTW, another "NOTE-of-INTEREST" -- OGILVY'S was *WHERE* THE ELDERLY-PARENTAL-UNITS "First-MET"!! -- MOTHER was a SALES-CLERK back THEN and FATHER was a CUSTOMER... But, THAT's an EPIC-"Yarn" for *Another* Day!!

So, back to the YARN-Store... If You LINK into the ABOVE "Story" and look at the Enclosed Pic, YARNS, ETC. is just to the Immediate-LEFT-off-Picture. -- I ended up having to cross-over from the BUS-STOP, go down the Opposite Block, cross-over back, then head Right back toward where I started until I got to the Barricade, and finally a Left around the Corner...

ANYHOO... IT's a TINY-HOLE-IN-THE-WALL-SHOP with a Great VIEW of The-DEMO! Although, the Heavy-Machinery-VIBRATIONS are a tad Disturbing... WHATEVER, there was a WALL-of-WOOL with some FAB-STUFF!!

And, DESPITE, My "Intentions" to NOT-BUY-ANY-*MORE*-YARN...


BTW, the "ORANGE" MERINO cost at much as the OTHER-TWO SKEINS Combined!!
-- THESE are going into My "LUX"-STASH!!


..ahh..yeah... like THAT worked...

**************************************************************

[NOTE - Do NOT be Alarmed! - The LOUD-SQUEALING-*SUCKING*-Sound You
may be Hearing, is just The-CASH-ESCAPING-From-*My*-BANK-ACCOUNT!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10