Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ah, Our Municipal TAXES At WORK!! ...about time...

HA!! Stu-pid GLACIER covering the SEWER... TOLD you NOT to *Mess* with Me!!

Oh! Sorry... Just having a teeny Megalomaniacal-Moment here... Okay, it's passed.

Right. So... "TODAY"...
  • **SUNNY**!!
  • Minus 20C-Something CHILLY
  • Yesterday's WATER WORLD, now Patches of Flash-FREEZE-DRY *ICE* on the Hardness Scale of "Transparent" STEEL! However, thankfully, there are a few totally DRY Spots here and there...
  • Garbage Pick-up Day. Had to rearrange the 2 Buckets at the End of the Lane, so I could back out The CAR. A bit of a *squeeze* because of the Sentinel Snowbanks...
  • FIRST Trip, a brief run to THE MALL. Had to pick up Something for MOTHER.
  • Manage to thread My way back into the Lane for the quick Drop-Off, and slip out again...
  • COSTCO. Mostly Green Lights getting there. LOTS of Parking! A noticeable LACK of *Stupid People*. And, Food Samples... Nuts! -- Got MILK.
  • Going to be "tricky" getting into Driveway - must go WIDE to make that RIGHT TURN, as NOT to CLIP the Buckets!
  • OH! LOOK! There's one of those *missing* STUPID PEOPLE - TAILGATING Me!!  There's a Street Corner one House over, that Everyone "figures" is the Reason "WHY" I have My Signal Light going...
  • I *MUST* be Blessed! NO Sound of Fender SCRAPING before Me, or a case of Whiplash *behind* Me!
  • Manage NOT to slip on ICE when getting out of The VEHICLE. Need to move the Trash Bucket over the Choppy Ice to be in *safe* reach of the approaching GARBAGE TRUCK.
  • "TIMING", gotta Luv it!
  • Brought in empty Bucket. Tuck The CAR into Garage. Bring in Groceries. Make a quick
    "symbolic" attempt to SCRATCH at Ice Carpet in front of the Garage with Ice Hoe...
  • yeah... Screw that! Went Inside to "Veg"...

Less than an Hour LATER...

I should probably "PREFACE" here -- Yesterday, whilst directing the RIVER FLOW down the Driveway into the LAKE at the end, I *managed* to flag down a passing "CITY" Vehicle! And,
"mentioned" to the rather POLITE CITY EMPLOYEE GUY - [who was also not bad-looking either!] - about the "STORM SEWER GRATE" that was BURIED under The GLACIER, resulting in the ROADWAY Water to Overflow into My Driveway, and could He *possibly* let "SOMEONE" *know* about it...?

Apparently, NOT His "Department", BUT, *would* make sure that the Correct One DID! However, though, that it would be doubtful that THEY would show up *any* Time "soon". I told Him that wouldn't be a problem - [It's a Big City, not so X-Many Staff, with a lot more BIGGER Issues to DEAL with on such a crappy Day] - I just wanted The-Powers-That-Be to be *aware*...

I could have Phoned this all in, but, actually having a CITY Person *SEE* the "Problem" is considerably more productive in getting it eventually rectified....

So, I'm about to make My late Lunch, when MOTHER notices some huge Vehicle in front of the House... Hmm... The CITY GUYS...? -- I go look out the Front Window. There's TWO Titan "TONKA" Toys out there!! -- SWEET!

The GUYS are "looking" for the SEWER "location"... I throw on some Shoes and My "Shovelling" Coat and go out to GPS Them... And, rescue the Recycling Bucket from getting RUN OVER by the Ginormous FRONT-END LOADER!

Meanwhile, the even Bigger SNOW-DUMP-TRUNK-with-PLOW has half pulled into the double Driveway across the Street a few Houses down, so as not to completely block off the Road. Anyway, I had a bit of a chat with that Driver... EVIL-SNOWPLOW-GUY managed to come up in the Conversation. It appears that SDTwP GUY also has an ESG as well.

I should have grabbed My Camera to record FEL GUY's EPIC BATTLE to remove The GLACIER. There were *moments*... Seriously! When The LOADER's wheels are *spinning* and the SNOW *isn't*?!!

Anyhoo... the NASTINESS is GONE now! There's a few Inches of Debris near the GRATE, but that should melt soon enough. TEMPS are suppose to go back up Tomorrow to Above "Freezing". Hopefully, I can "time" it, so that the ICE Patches are *soft* enough to scrape away BEFORE totally MELTING! -- *Solids*, I can properly deal with. *Liquids*...very problematic.

And, then... there's the "predicted" RAIN for Thursday... JUST in Time for Me to HAVE to go Downtown - by BUS...

Did I mention that The GLACIER is gone...?

******************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10