Sunday, August 18, 2013

The NON-Literary Buys...

ALTHOUGH I'M SURE, EACH ONE HAS THEIR OWN "UNIQUE" STORY TO TELL...




Prior to My TOME-TOTEM Stacking at YESTERDAY's ESTATE SALE, THIS 4-Inch MILKGLASS VASE was My "FIRST-PICK"! -- Needless to say, ITS Novel-Design made the "handling" of IT considerably SAFER during My Juggling-STRUGGLES with that FIRST-LOAD of BOOKS!

WORTH the DOLLAR-Price-TAG! -- And, I suspect that IT's also an *Older* PIECE..?

The - BELOW - "BOMBAY-COMPANY"-Made WRITING-LETTER-BOX had been *beneath* the VASE... When I Returned for "ROUND-TWO", I *snatched* IT up for Another DOLLAR!

Granted, IT could DO with some *serious* "SURFACE"-REPAIR to the Veneers, otherwise, IT's still in Sturdy-Condition! -- HOWEVER, I'd certainly Like to KNOW *HOW* the DAMAGE had Occurred..?! - The SIDES are *Fine*, yet the INSIDE BOTTOM looks almost AS *bad* as the OUTSIDE...

I still have to take a *better* LOOK at IT... IT's a toss-up between WATER-Damage and/or EXTREME-HEAT-EXPOSURE..? -- whatever... IT's still USEFUL!





MEANWHILE, in the GARAGE... I came across THIS *OLD* HANDSAW!

Another *Handy*-DOLLAR-FIND! -- I Love Finding VINTAGE TOOLS... Most Times, Their "QUALITY" is well ABOVE that of Their MODERN-Day-Counterparts!





AFTERWARD, We popped into The SALLY-ANN, where I Discovered THIS *CLEAN*-Condition KNITTING-NEEDLE HOLDER...




*WITH*, ELEVEN-PAIRS of BAMBOO-NEEDLES!! -- IT was just under $4. -- At *That* Price, HAD They been METAL or PLASTIC, I certainly would have "Passed". - BUT, "BAMBOO"...

Despite My Personal-Preference, to NOT Use such GUARANTEED-to-*SNAP*-Between-My-Fingers "Utensils", OTHERS swear by Them! -- Who knows, perhaps I'll Find a for THEM..?!

Only, just NOT RIGHT *NOW*!!

************************************************************

BTW, *HAPPY BIRTHDAY* to My Late MATERNAL-GRANDFATHER,
who was probably the One that gave Me the BIBLIO-BUYING-"GENE"!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10