Tuesday, October 19, 2010

JAB-"her"-WOOLY

FASTING - It really is a matter of MIND over MUNCHIES!

MOTHER and I were scheduled to get Our FLU SHOTS Today over at Our Doctor's Office. But, FIRST, I had to get My semi-annual BLOODWORK done. Which, meant having to do that 12-Hour FASTING thing...

Amazing, isn't it? There have been countless times, when I've gone without, for that amount of time due to Travel or, whatever situation, with no problems. Sleeping, helps considerably. BUT, when faced with a "planned" FAST, The TASTEBUDS and BRAIN CHEMISTRY, seem do their utmost to mess with Your MIND!

Thankfully, I managed to SLEEP through most of the Tasteless TORTURE!

In the meantime, there was a change in the Regular "Game Plan"... The Bloodwork "Clinic" where I usually go to, is in the SAME Building Complex as My Doctor's, however, it suffered some storm damage last month and is being currently renovated. So, I had to go to the Other "Clinic"...

A much larger facility, where One has to TAKE A NUMBER and, WAIT! -- I miss My Regular Place...

Overall, an HOUR of My Day was spent being JABBED and VAMPed. Afterward, ate My "Breakfast", checked My E-Mail and Whatnot... Ooo! Got another new Country on My BLOOG STATS! Whoever it was from COLUMBIA, You just got Me up to 35 Countries on 6 Continents!

MUCHOS GRACIAS!!

Now... If I could JUST get "Someone" who works in the ANTARCTIC...

Anyway, an hour later and, We were off to get Our FLU SHOTS. Oh, BTW, did I mention the Part about FATHER coming with Us...? -- That pretty much DOUBLED the "Schedule"...

Afterward, We dropped by the nearby SALLY ANN to unload some Clothing Donations. MOTHER and I did a quick once over of the Place. - Oh, look! SENIORS' TUESDAY SALE - 20% OFF!

Guess WHAT We bought?




THIS is My BUNCH. The Actual COLOURS are a bit deeper than what they are here. The OLIVE one on the Left is a darker, Greener Tone. As for the Purples, the Bottom One is closer to the Shade of the Top One - as it appears here - which is closer to an Aubergine. They're 100% WOOL, Canadian... From WHITE BUFFALO Yarn.

Okay, I've just done some quick & dirty "research" on this Stuff.... Apparently, it's used to make COWICHAN Style Sweaters. It's also UNSPUN, DISCONTINUED, and just a bit High Maintenance in the using and washing departments... FELTS easily! Hmm...

Anyway, We didn't stay as long as We would have preferred - FATHER was alone in the Car. With, His newspaper and the Window opened up a crack...

Oh! And, those METAL RACK STANDS from Saturday were STILL there! Which, I probably would have gotten with the SALE, but, since there were THREE of Us in the Vehicle... It just wasn't happening. --Then, it was the usual "Grocery" hotspots along the Route HOME...

BTW, as promised, a Pic of Yesterday's YARN Purchases.




NOT the EXACT Colours! The EMERALD Green is much more vibrant. The KELP Mix, more rich. The Insert Pic - is not so Grey, more "Blue Jean". I'm calling it BLUE STONE. And, the Blue-Green Mix will be known as TIDE DYE.

*******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10