Thursday, November 11, 2010

...REMEMBRANCE DAY...

MY TASK for Today - since it was also a Semi-Holiday - was to walk on over to FUTURE SHOP. I still had that broken pair of EARPHONES for My Computer that needed replacing. - [SEE - 29AUG2010] - At the Time, GEEK-BOY instructed that I should bring My LAPTOP in.. He NEVER did quite explain WHY...?

Almost 3 Years, I've owned "SNAKE" [I name ALL of My Computers], and had YET to take Him OUTSIDE... I had a SACHEL that was large enough, and would handle Him sufficiently. Since, it was Cool out, I thought that I would make use of that WOOL YARN SAMPLER I had KNITTED up a while back, to wrap Him in.

And, off We went!

As FATE would have it, I "got" GEEK-BOY again! -- He remembered Me...

..yadda, yadda... I also asked if I could get - under My WARRANTY - a *new* A/C BRICK, as I was wary as to how long the CABLE of My current one was likely to "survive"... So, during the FILLING OUT of The WORK ORDER FORM, My AUNTIE-Senses started to TINGLE...

The PART where He asked Me, if I "...had BACKED-UP the HARD DRIVE..." was certainly a CLUE that "Something" was AMISS!

APPARENTLY, He was GOING to **SEND** My LAPTOP to "WHEREVER?"..!!! -- AUNTIE DON'T THINK SO!!

Okay. So. Scratch the New BRICK -- I pretty much TOLD Him, that shy of The LAPTOP being *TOTALLY* TRASHEDIT WASN'T "GOING" *ANYWHERE*!!

I use IT **EVERY** Day. I have a "Business" to Run... And, oh yeah, WHY would ANYONE *need* IT in order to REPLACE EARPHONES?!

I was NOT impressed! Needless to say, depending on HOW LONG it takes to GET new ones, I
"may" just have a "Word" with MANAGEMENT regarding Their "Replacement" POLICY! -- Not to mention, GEEK-BOY not being such a "Friendlier" Individual... -- I thought for certain that there was an APP for that...

Trust Me. I've hung out, AND worked with *plenty* of REAL "Rocket Scientists" and Other "Pocket Pen-Protector" WHITE-COATS Types, for MOST of My Life... THIS Kid, has "Issues"! On a
"Subscription" level.

I'm sooo thankful that He DOESN'T Work in the FOOD INDUSTRY!


Meanwhile.... I return Home - POST - *another* "LEAVES" conflict between FATHER and NASTY-NEIGHBOUR LADY!

I knew I SHOULD have Bought a LOTTERY TICKET at the LITTLE-CORNER-GROCERY down the Road.
Could have WON Mega-Mullah... Then, Secretly BUY her OUT. Cut DOWN the &%#$# TREE. Raze her house... And, ALL would be RIGHT-WITH-THE-UNIVERSE in FATHER's "WORLD"!

..yeah... that'll happen...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVING ON... as promised from Yesterday...

CANADIAN HOUSE AND HOME - DECEMBER 2010

  • P. 1-30 - WHY is it, that ALL of the really cool FURNITURE and awesome STUFF are ALWAYS on the ADVERT PAGES...? And NOT, in the "Design" Articles...
  • P. 31 - Oooo.. I just love a nicely shaped GLASS COMPORT!
  • P. 36 - "Shiny" appears to be a THEME This Month [noticed this also in the Latest MARTHA STEWART LIVING] - with SEQUINS being the big Glitterati material of choice. However, HERE, it's little Tabs of MYLAR. Huh. A new *use* for all of those deflated Balloons, perhaps..?
  • P. 92 - Kitchen Dining Area - I'm appreciating the "composition" of this Dining Ensemble. The "Lines" of the CHAIRS and ARTWORK compliment each other beautifully.
  • P. 94-100 - Very charming. Love the old wide-board Timbers in the Place. As well as the 1920s FRENCH CHANDELIER with its wonderfully sculpted Reindeer Heads!
  • P. 114-117 - A quaint home. However, I would have toned down the Evergreen usage - a "bit" much OVER the hors d'oeuvres Table - which there could have been more of... Great POWDER ROOM! Although, I cringe at the thought of any of that antique wood getting WET!
  • P. 122-131 - The 2010 PRINCESS MARGARET HOSPITAL SHOWHOME - Yeah, I'd probably keep it - IF - I lived in Toronto! Very ARTS&CRAFTS-ish Kitchen Set. Not so fond of the Dining Room though.. And, I'd lose the Red&White RUG in the Sunroom. As well as the proliferation of Wicker BASKETS throughout!
  • P. 132-137 - Awesome ITALIAN GREEN CRYSTAL CHANDELIER. The WINE "LIBRARY" - doubtful, that much "Reading" goes on There! Exquisite CLUB CHAIRS though.
  • P. 138-143 - Visually, "bold". Practically, "looking for trouble". I'm referring to the Floral "arrangement" of 4ft-plus CUT Birch LOGS and Branches, sitting in a Large Heavy GLASS VASE atop of a - hopefully - "Sturdy" Table! Another, interesting CHANDELIER from Ralph Pucci, and an intriguing "Geometric" PERSEUS CONSOLE.
  • P. 148 - Stunning LAMPS. Simple, clean Lines.
  • P. 152-160 - Sometimes... that whole SCANDINAVIAN "Look" does work! And, I have this "Thing" for BLUE & WHITE DISHWARE and LINENS. - The FOOD looked tasty too!
  • P. 200 - As mention Yesterday, a LOT of KNITTING going on!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A NOTE:

FAIRY-T! You're still YOUNGER than Me! And, neither of Us are OLD... We're TEMPORALLY EXPERIENCED! And, perhaps, just a tad TELOMERE-Length-Challenged...?


A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE:

And, a THANK YOU to ALL VETERANS - PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE - for Your SERVICE and SACRIFICE!!

I didn't have a Pic for Today, so I'm "borrowing" THIS One from the WE ARE CANADIAN Site. [Hope You don't "mind" TANYA?] - I have no idea on ITS "Particulars", but I liked it. Seemed fitting...




************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10