Saturday, July 6, 2013

Leaving a Legacy of THRIFTY-*LOVING*!

*MANY* A TIME, IN MY "EXPERIENCE", the FINAL-Bargained-Down-Agreed-Upon-PRICE of a "THRIFTY-TREASURE" is *more* often than not, Achieved with My PROMISE that Said-OBJECT "...WILL be *LOVED*!" -- EVEN, if IT ends up being Packed-Away for DECADES!

AS usual, We didn't Leave until LATE! - [12:30!!] - There was that Large "Charity" YARD-SALE a few Streets over... I got a Few ITEMS. But, I'll save THEM for Tomorrow.

After, a Few Other Stops on Our Way to BEACON HILL around 2:30-ish, We got Lucky and found ONE *still* OPEN! -- A NICE-30s-SOMETHING-LADY and Her TEENAGED-DAUGHTERS...

Where, I picked up THIS "TOLL"-PAINTING for $2...




IT's been done on a WOOD-PLANK that was supposed to be atop of an UNfinished Bench... Since IT wasn't "attached", She KINDLY let Me have IT. - The PIECE, along with Several Other ONES had been Painted by Her MOTHER...

Personally, as Pleased as I am to *have* and Cherish IT, I find it Disconcerting that The-GIRLS wouldn't want to "Preserve" ANY of Their GRANDMOTHER's rather Skillful WORKS!? -- Doubtless, in a Couple of Decades from Now, They'll probably be Wishing that They HAD!

NEXT, We continued on a TRAIL of ORANGE "ESTATE SALE" SIGNS... And, the Day's "GOLD-MINE" of *TREASURES*!!

Although, the PLACE had been "picked-over", the Remaining Items still gave Evidence of a Home that had been - [mostly metaphorically] - RICH in ART and CULTURE. -- I came across a Formal NAVAL-OFFICER's Dinner Jacket in one of the open Closets. Which, explained the "Source" of many of the House's more "EXOTIC" Items and READING Material...

There were Lots and LOTS of BOOKS! And, SOMEONE was also a KNITTER - [I'll have "Stitchy"-Type Pics Tomorrow] - and a Lover of the NEEDLE ARTS...

As indicated by THIS *AWESOME* FOLIO BOX of *Actual Size* PATTERNS!! - IT's Dated from 1963. The Heavily-Papered Contents are in Excellent Condition! -- For ANYONE into Replicating AMERICAN "Historical" Needle and Textile Crafting, THIS is a MOTHER-LODE of INFO!




And, of course, MORE Additions to MY ART-"LIBRARY"!






Plus, THIS Addition to My "REFERENCE"-LIBRARY... The TOME literally contains a TON of Biological Knowledge, AND *WEIGHS* as much!!




So... And how MUCH was This STACK-of-STUFF..?? -- well... Along with MORE STUFF - [that I'll show Tomorrow] - IT *ALL* came to JUST "$5."!!

THEN, as I was Paying for IT, I noticed THIS PAINTING on the Wall...




Despite being Originally Priced at $18., and since the PLEASANT-ESTATE-AGENT-LADY Liked Me - [MOTHER had been Chatting Her up!] - an Offer of $9. was made... Which, "normally", I would have GLADLY Paid...

HOWEVER, I *REALLY* wanted to ADHERE to My LIMIT on My "$5.-and-Under"-THRIFTY-ORIGINAL-ART-COLLECTION... I "mentioned" Such, with the added Incentive, "...IT'll be LOVED..."

...By Me, and hopefully, ALL of YOU as well?!

Now, I just NEED to *FIND* some WALL "SPACE"... And/Or, PROGENY *willing* to Properly CONTINUE The LEGACY..?!

Speaking of My MUNCHKINS...

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEP-NEPH-PRETEEN**!!

**********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10