Saturday, September 1, 2012

TUT-Tut-tut... I'm Such a Knob!

THE NEW-NEW-NEIGHBOURS ARE MOVING IN MORE STUFF...

"RESIDENTIAL" IDENTITIES still UNknown... HOWEVER, "THAT" will have to WAIT until LATER -- We've got YARD-SALES to SCAVENGE and GROCERIES to GET!

But FIRST... ONE of My CRAFT SHOW CO-ORDINATORS Called just before We walked out the Door! -- I'm "BOOKED" for My OTHER FAV Regular "SHOWS"! - More on THAT in a Few Days...

OFF to BEACON HILL... There were only a Couple of YARD-SALES. - I Snagged the FOLLOWING STUFF at the FIRST ONE...


The COMPLETE TUTANKHAMUN:
The King, The Tomb, The Royal Treasure

- Nicholas REEVES
- ISBN0500050589
- 1990
[HARD Cover]

THIS is a Fabulous BOOK! Tons of PHOTOS and ILLUSTRATIONS. Seriously WORTH the $2.50
I Paid for IT! -- IT will nicely Compliment that OTHER "TUT"-BOOK I acquired in MAY - [SEE 12MAY2012 POST]


ON the "25-CENT"-TABLE,
I picked-up This LARGE MUG.
-- I just Liked the BLUE GLAZE...

I'll probably Use IT to hold PENS or WHATEVER...




Next to IT, were These FOUR
4-INCH CONTAINERS - [TOTAL - $1.]

THEY might be useful to Store BUTTONS perhaps..?




The SALLY-ANN is still a mess with the RENOS - NOTHING "New"...

We headed over to the "Local" GROCERY-STORE to "Stock-Up" on the "Specials". Then, down the Road to LOBLAW afterward. -- Oooo! THEY're having a "TAX-FREE"-DAY, *and* have CAKE!

Our COOLERS were FULL, so We made a Pit-Stop at the HOUSE before going "Hunting" at MICHAEL'S. -- Had a "50%-OFF-Coupon" just wanting to BUST outta My Wallet!

I settled on Using IT on some LION BRAND YARNS "Fishermen's Wool" - THIS was the LAST ONE in this Particular COLOUR on-shelf, so I "REELED" IT into My Cart!




However, PRIOR to My YARN-TRAWLING, We spotted a "DISPLAY" as We entered the STORE containing These "LETTERED" CERAMIC DRAWER-KNOBS-PULLS *ON SALE* for 16-Cents-Each!!

MOTHER Bought SOME. I Brought MORE. -- We're still MISSING a Few LETTERS... I could do with having Several more "S"s! And, some "D"s... AH! hang on... I just Remembered, I have a BUNCH of PINK-KNOBS-PULLS - [SEE 26MAY2012 POST] - that I could *MIX* rather well with THESE! -- hmm...

Meanwhile, Our "SCRABBLE"-ing Antics were apparently providing MANAGER-DAVE with some "AMUSEMENT"! -- I later had a quite *INFORMATIVE* Conversation with Him regarding the
COMPANY's YARN-"Purchasing"-POLICIES...

EVENTUALLY, I managed to *pull* MOTHER OUT of THERE! -- WALMART was next, via a
5-Minute DOLLARAMA "Stop & Shop Show"... The CUTE-SO-PREOCCUPIED-WITH-"Needing-To-Go-Charge-His-Phone"-AND-PLAYING-*FLIRT-TAG*-WITH-MOTHER-THAT-HE-*ALMOST*-DIDN'T-"CHARGE"-HER-FOR-HER-PURCHASES-YOUNG-LAD-CHECKOUT-CLERK was *worth* the ENTERTAINMENT!!

WHEN We **FINALLY** Returned HOME again, the NEW-NEW-NEIGHBOURS didn't appear to be around...

BTW, FATHER had been somewhat *REMISS* in His usual NEIGHBOURLY-"Observations" during Our Afternoon-ABSENCE! -- Seriously?! HOW are We *ever* expected to FIND OUT
"ANYthing"?!!

THEY eventually showed up once more after Dinner with a Pickup-Truck and Trailer...
hmm... CHAIRS, small DRESSERS, a SOFA...

huh. -- A BABY-STROLLER..? For, TRIPLETS..??!!

WHOA!!

******************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10