Saturday, September 15, 2012

RE-Filling "The VOID" -- PART ONE

IT'S BEEN SAID -- "...that, NATURE abhors a Vacuum..."

SO... Yesterday, when MOTHER and I brought over that Trunk-Load of STUFF to the GLOUCESTER EMERGENCY FOOD CUPBOARD  for Their Today's "YARD SALE",
a **VOID** was Created within "THE HOARD"! -- Therefore, as IS the Nature of THE UNIVERSE, the FOLLOWING ITEMS were *Sucked* INTO that EMPTY SPACE...

BTW, there was a *LOT* of STUFF!! So MUCH in Fact, that I've decided to Spread THEM over a Couple of POSTS.

FYI -- THIS is WHAT *Happens*, "when" I'm Forced to Get-UP *EARLY*! - Not to Mention, that We were OUT "THERE" for EIGHT-HOURS!! - With only a FEW Hours of SLEEP...

ANYHOO... THIS POST is devoted to My "G.E.F.C." Acquisitions ONLY. -- oh. And, I got "ALL of IT" -TOTAL, for UNDER $5.!!


When We ARRIVED, I headed Straight for the "ARTWORK" Area - [IT's a PICNIC TABLE, with Frames and Such propped up on the Benches...] - Moments before, I had spotted a GUY in the Parking Lot walking off with a LARGE PIECE. ITS "Front"-side UNseen!

I can only *WONDER* as to what GREAT WORKS I *MISSED* out on, EARLIER!




These TWO 8X10-INCH CANVASES were the ONLY "good" ORIGINAL-Pieces LEFT!

Despite, THEIR "Subject"-Matter NOT being on My FAV-LIST, *for* just a DOLLAR EACH, I *wasn't* going to PASS THEM up!

Besides, THEY are Nicely-done... Although, THEY could DO with some REFRAMING!






The NEEDLEWORK, was at the SAME-PRICE.

I *hate* the Framing on IT, though! -- IT deserves a much BETTER "FUTURE"...








ONLY 50-Cents for THIS ILLUSTRATION-Filled TOME!




ahh... And, what's a Great "YARD-SALE" without Me reeling-in at least ONE "FISH"-DISH!?!
-- IT's about 10-Inches Long...


NOW...

Amongst the Scattering of rather mundane Glassware and Crockery, I chanced upon THIS Little Cerulean GEM!



About 5-Inches, in CLEAN Condition, with the Markings of "HANKSCRAFT"...


I did a bit of quick & dirty
"Research"...

Supposively Made by the
RED WING POTTERIES of Minnesota for HANKSCRAFT. Likely in the '40s..? And, Designed for BABY-Use!


In which case, I'm in Awe that IT's *SURVIVED*!



BTW, besides the Stunning Colour, the 10-Cent Price didn't Hurt, either!!












MEANWHILE, on a further away Table, These TWO STONEWARE JARS caught My Eye...




According to the Remaining Broken WAX-SEAL on One, THESE are "MUSTARD-POTS" apparently from "MOUSTARDE de MEAUX"..?

At 50-Cents for The PAIR, THEY look Useful.

I've yet to RE-open the Sealed-One to see WHAT's "INSIDE"..?!! -- A *Task* probably BEST attempted "OUTSIDE"! Who *knows* WHAT IT'll *SMELL* like!?!




Over on the "CLOTHING"-"FABRIC" Table... For 25-Cents, got THIS One-Yard Piece of COTTON FABRIC. -- I thought the KOALAS were Cute!




WITHIN the Same "Box" was This ITALIAN-MADE SQUARE SCARF!


There weren't any Other Tags, BUT, I *strongly* Believe that IT's
"WOOL"!
Perhaps - possibly - CASHMERE..?

-- There were Other Cashmere Items nearby in Less Favourable Condition.

JUST another
"25-Cents"!! - And, I even LIKE the COLOUR!






THIS is a Little TIN CASE - about ACTUAL-Size... 10-Cents.

I'm really NOT the "SAYINGS"-
Type, per se... However, THIS sorta seemed Apropos!!?






TOMORROW, the OTHER YARD SALES *STUFF*...

************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the artwork! And that scarf is pretty too. Wonderful finds, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10