Tuesday, January 29, 2013

hmm... IT was *suppose* to RAIN..?!

oh-kay... WELL, *THAT* DIDN'T HAPPEN! -- [NOT that I'm Complaining!!] - Temps were still too COOL...

HOWEVER... Not to "Disappoint", EVIL-SNOWPLOW-GUY *did* manage to Leave ENOUGH *crap* in the Driveway to sufficiently THWART *ANY* Shopping-Plans for Today!! - oh. And, there was also another 3-Inches of SNOW from Overnight...

The ICE-CAP is also well INTACT! -- At least, when I last Left IT... But, TEMPS are on the RISE!! And, *NASTINESS* is ON the Way! -- I *dread* Tomorrow... NOAH-esque MELTWATER will no doubt, *ALSO* be Involved!!

ANYHOO...

Yesterday, I mentioned that I was BACK to "HOOKING"... The FOLLOWING is an "EXPERIMENT".




THIS is the First Time that I've had a Chance to "PLAY" *HOOKY* with The WOOL... I usually make the "MOA-BOALOHAs" in COTTON. -- I wanted to see how far a 100g BALL - [used the "COGNAC HEATHER" Colour, which is *much* DARKER than This] - would get Me with CROCHETING - I can get a "SHAN-TOQUE" and a Half with KNITTING.

Despite, the Increase in Width with THIS, I know that I'll still be SHORT *IF* I stick to My Regular PATTERN... I'm thinking on doing some Design "Change-Ups" where the Use of WOOL is Involved. IT "hangs" Differently from the COTTON. - AND, I have "FELTING" possibilities to consider as well...

MEANWHILE... Seeing as THIS *only* took a FEW Hours to whip up - [as opposed to the few DAYS of KNITTING!!] - don't be Surprised when NEXT Time You see IT, that "RE-INCARNATION" has befallen IT!

What can I Say..? THE HOOKS like to "DABBLE"...

*********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10