Thursday, May 2, 2013

If You can Detect a Strange GLOW and/or a HUMMING Sound from This BLOOG...

NO WORRIES, EH?! -- IT'S JUST *ME*!!!

well... I've had a rather LOOOONNNGGG and GEOGRAPHICALLY "Diverse" Day of *DISCOVERY*... OH! And BTW, the TEMPS *SHOT* up to over 30C!! - [86F] -- [NOTE TO SELF: Dig out SUMMER Clothes]


So. TODAY's "GOALS"...
  • Have X-RAYS and an ULTRASOUND done at a CLINIC in the SOUTH end of Town in an Area that I haven't been "near" in Years and am *somewhat* UNFAMILIAR with! -- For which, GOOGLE-MAPS leaves *much* open for Interpretation...
  • PLAN-A: IF I leave EARLY - then DRIVE to THE-BIG-MALL and PARK. Then take *THREE* BUSES to CLINIC.
  • PLAN-B: IF I leave LATE - then DRIVE *ALL* of the Way There.
  • Do some "BANKING" at THE-BIG-MALL.
  • Go to COSTCO -- *IF* the Hour is not too Late to get Caught in RUSH-HOUR.
  • OTHER-SHOPPING as Time would Allow...


WHAT was "ACCOMPLISHED"..?
  • Managed to Leave EARLY *enough* so as to go with "PLAN-A"...
  • Did NOT become "ROADKILL"!!
  • Got BANKING done.
  • Made it to COSTCO at a "good"-Time. Got Hugged by the C.H.E.O.-BEAR - [the CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL of EASTERN ONTARIO "Charity" MASCOT] - on the way out!
  • Did the "Rounds" at THE-MALL and the Next-Door STRIP-MALL.


My "OBSERVATIONS" and "DISCOVERIES"...
  • "BANK STREET" South of BILLINGS-BRIDGE MALL is "A.N.O.T.H.E.R." -WORLD! -- Lots of MEDICAL "Offices" and "Clinics" with Limited-Parking and BUS-STOPS that are FEW and FAR between! AS were the CROSSWALKS to get *across* the FOUR-LANES-of-TRAFFIC...
  • It was probably a Good-Thing that I hadn't Driven to the CLINIC as the Parking-Lot was FULL.
  • Then again, *despite* the BUS-STOP being RIGHT-ACROSS-THE-ROAD, there was FOUR-Plus-LANES of IT to CROSS! And, the Nearest-CROSSWALKS in EITHER Direction were a FIVE-Minute-WALK-away!!
  • The CLINIC was actually rather NICE Inside... Lovely LARGE Restroom. Comfy Chairs. No Appointment "BACK-LOGS". Friendly STAFF...
  • The ULTRASOUND-Room seemed a tad "cramped" though -- Two of them would have FIT into that Restroom!
  • Although I've been present at a previous one, THIS was MY First ULTRASOUND. And, not nearly as "interesting" as the Other-One... Opposed to "ORGANS", "MUSCLE" appears to be rather Mundane. And, it's looking like Mine are INFLAMED... NO Tears. That could be seen anyway...
  • Several XRAYS next. I kinda lost count after Number-5..? And, as Pleasant as NICE-OLDER-TECHNIAN-LADY was, being "Handled" by Her CUTE-*REALLY*-TALL-STRAPPING-YOUNG-LAD-"ASSISTANT" - [Who I only saw *clearly* ONCE because I had to keep My Glasses OFF] - *would* have made the "Experience" considerably MORE Enjoyable... [just saying...]
  • So. *REALLY* HOT and SUNNY Out when I left... The "SPRING"-Wear didn't help. Or, LACK of Shade at the Eventually-Found-BUS-STOP...
  • The BILLINGS-BRIDGE-MALL-TRANSIT-STATION Layout is CONFUSING!
  • Thankfully, NO Waiting at the BANK! And, that I had Parked THE CAR in One of the SHADY Parking-Structures...
  • Took the "BACK"-LESS-TRAFFIC-WAY to COSTCO. -- Oooo! THEY finally got the "Regular"-CHEERIOS in! - I *needed* THOSE...
  • Having been a "SHOPPING-MALL-EASTER-BUNNY" TWICE, I *pity* the POOR-SMUCK in the C.H.E.O.-BEAR Outfit. It's 30C-PLUS Out! Likely 40C *in* the SUIT! -- As, was the Temp INSIDE THE CAR by Then.
  • Took My *Time* at THE MALL with Grocery-Getting and Such as I partook of the AIR-CONDITIONING...
  • And, "Ended" My *6-Hour*-ADVENTURES with a stop at THE-STRIP-MALL... There were These SPECIFIC-PLASTIC-BAGS I was in need of that *most* of the Other "DOLLAR-STORES" no longer had IN-STOCK..? - However, I found a TROVE of Them at THIS Location!! -- The Place is *so* Close, yet, I seldom Visit...
  • oh! OLD NAVY - Next Door - has an Additional SALE going on for "Today"... I *haven't* Bought ANY Clothing in a Month! - yeah. sure. why not... Besides, I've only gotten FOOD Today. And, really NOTHING "For" Me!! -- Found a Originally-$18.94-Thin-SUMMERY-Cotton-SKY-BLUE-TOP for $3.35 after DISCOUNTS... I'll quite likely be Wearing IT *SOON*!!


ANYHOO... After ALL of the HEAT-GLARE-DUST-POLLEN-GERM-SOUND-*RADIATION*-EXPOSURE of My *DAY*, I'm totally POOPED Now!! And, let's not *Forget* My Ever-Aching "CAR-WRECK-*BARBIE*-ARM"...

[..ever TRY to get those CHEAP-KNOCK-OFF-"BARBIE"-DOLLS Arms back ON when they BROKE-OFF when You were KIDS..?? -- They just never were the SAME again...]

Going to "RE-CUPE", Tomorrow! - Maybe, FILL some of Those BAGS with YARN, *if* I feel Energetic... And, *try* to find a Place for Those KILO-Size-CHEERIOS-BOXES!! -- I should be "good" until AUGUST!

**************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10