Tuesday, December 10, 2013

NO SNOW [that I noticed anyway] + SUN = *SHOP-FARI*!

*MINUS*, The TUESDAY-TOUR-de-TRAINYARDS...

Which, was Replaced with a VOYAGE to VALUE-VILLAGE... Afterall, I haven't been over There for a while. It was SENIORS'-*20%*-DISCOUNT-DAY, and I still had DAYLIGHT!

Although, I didn't Arrive until AFTER a MILK-RUN to COSTCO and, a "Pop-In" into a Couple of OTHER NEARBY STORES. I also needed to keep My VILLAGE-*PILLAGE* on "Schedule", additional GROCERY-GETTING was *yet* to be had...

ANYHOO... As Expected, the Place was "Picked-OVER" in certain Areas! HOWEVER, I did *manage* to FIND These TWO FABRIC REMNANTS...




From "Fiber-Breakage", the SOLID PIECE could be a COTTON and/or LINEN..? -- I found IT after the OTHER ONE... THEY *must* have come into the Store "together", as the COLOUR-MATCH is just TOO Perfect!

The PATTERNED PIECE looks GREAT on EITHER-SIDE! -- Despite most likely being a SYNTHETIC, I was first drawn to IT by ITS Similarity to some RIBBON that I have a-LOT-of... Secondly, ITS *SOFTNESS* pretty much SOLD Me! But, when I came across the *MATCHING*-SOLID... well... Definitely, a *DONE-DEAL*!!

Afterward, I "Lucked" into a rather Well-Done HAND-KNITTED BUTTONED-VEST for just a FEW Dollars... In WONDERFUL Condition - [doubtful that IT's ever been WORN more than ONCE?] - And the BROWN-GREY-TWEED YARN appears to be *mostly* WOOL!?

Originally, I had IT in Mind for MOTHER - [I did find IT in the "WOMEN'S"-Section...] - but FATHER is the One "in Need" of a *NEW*-One... And, AS it turns out, IT actually *is* a "MAN's" VEST!

So. There's ONE "CHRISTMAS-GIFT" taken care of - that has just SAVED Me WEEKS of STITCHINESS! -- NOW, We just have to get "MR. FUSSY" to WEAR IT!

********************************************************************

IT's "official" -- I'm *CURSED*!!
SEE "TOMORROW's" POST to find out "HOW"!!

a *CLUE*... My CAMERA is **TOAST**!! - Literally!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Oh noooo! Crispy cameras are just no good!

    I'm waiting for my printer to go all crispy on me today. Too much printing, not enough stitching going around here. grr.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10