Monday, December 23, 2013

WOOHOO!! -- I *ESCAPED*!!

GRANTED, ABOUT 5-MINUTES OF "TUNNELLING" WAS INVOLVED... But, Me and THE CAR finally made it *OUT*!! YAY!!!

so. Typical TWO-DAYS-BEFORE-CHRISTMAS-CROWDS... Although, to be honest, TRAFFIC was just *slightly* LESS than what I was "DREADING". However, the GREASY Roads kind of made-up for it... Not to mention, the "PEANUT-BUTTER"-like SLUSH in the Parking Lots!

okay. "WHAT" I said about the TRAFFIC... There was an EXCEPTION. That LAST KILOMETER before COSTCO took about 15-Minutes, *instead* of the Usual-TWO! -- Also,  the RUSH-HOUR TRAFFIC that I got caught in LATER from TRAINYARDS to THE-MALL, doesn't Count.

ANYHOO... Despite ONLY going to FIVE-PLACES, it still took Me almost AS many HOURS to *do* so! -- A LONG-DAY... But, at least I wasn't SHOVELLING - *THEN*!

As to the DAY's "HIGH-LIGHTS"...
  • Got a Parking-Space right off at COSTCO! [SHOCK!]
  • Bought *Myself* a 6-FT ALUMINUM ROOF-RAKE-POLE! - That I *just* managed to FIT into My TEENY-VEHICLE...
  • "Caught-Up" with MANAGER-DAVE... Haven't had a Chance to in WEEKS!
  • yeah. And, I *Bought* YARN!
  • Got ALL of the GROCERY-SPECIALS that I needed...
  • Actually made it to THE BANK "in Time", despite TRAFFIC and Obstructive ROAD-EQUIPMENT.
  • More Groceries...
  • Had to HUNT for My "BLACK"-CAR that was now "GREY" from SLUSH-SPRAY! -- I'm going to have to let IT get SNOWED-ON to remedy that "Camouflage"...
  • hmm... "WHY" are there "ROAD-CLOSED" SIGNS into MY NEIGHBOURHOOD..?!
  • ah! The NEAR-Future probability of SNOW-POOP-*REMOVAL*..?!!
 
MEANWHILE... Tonight... I only had Time to do HALF of a PANEL on THE TOQUE. And THEN, the Plastic-CORD of My CIRCULAR NEEDLES **BROKE**!!? - crap!!

And THAT's My FAV ONE, too!! -- I've made so Many HATS on IT, that the TIPS are *WORN*!
ggrrrrrrrrrrrr... I was having SUCH a "GREAT"-Day, too....

*********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10