Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The "URBAN" METHOD of *PRESSING* AUTUMN LEAVES...

...THAT *AREN'T* OURS!


I was *suppose* to "GO TO BED, *EARLY*"! -- yeahhh. Like THAT was going Happen!
  • 03:00 - My *USUAL* BEDTIME...
  • 05:00-05:30 - I *think* I eventually *DOZED-OFF* around then..?
  • 07:30-07:35 - So, "NOT" My *USUAL* WAKE-UP Time!!
  • 07:47 - With thrown-on Clothing, I REMOVE The CAR from GARAGE and PARK over at MADAME-Q's - [still UNsold] - HOUSE.
  • 07:55 - [NOT "08:00" AS Notified *Yesterday*] - The ROOF-GUYS *ARRIVE*! - The 5-STRAPPING-YOUNG-LADS immediately, got to WORK!

...in the OVERCAST-slightly-FROSTY-Morning with the LIGHT-Breeze that is NOT-so-Conveniently-Yet-*Accurately*-BLOWING NEXTDOOR's-EVIL-TREE-**LEAVES** RIGHT OVER and ONTO Our ROOF!!

LESS than a Half-Hour Later, The-GIANT-"HAND"-GUY shows up...















And YES, annoying Fallen LEAVES were CRUSHED in the Delivery of the ROOFING-SUPPLIES!



















...MUCH to the Entertaining Fascination of Passing-SCHOOL-CHILDREN!


By MID-Morning, the SUN had finally come OUT, so I set out for My SOLO-SHOPPING...



MICHAEL'S - Got TWO-MORE of Those PATONS-YARN-PACKS. Extras of the "CLOVER-GREEN" and "CURRANT" Ones. And, some ODDS & ENDS from "CLEARANCE". As well as some 6.5mm CIRCULAR KNITTING NEEDLES with One of My *many* "COUPONS".



The BOMBAY COMPANY - Returned that EXTRA BLUE&WHITE CHINA BALL...



THE BIG MALL - Had some "BANKING" to do. Still STOKED over the GREAT Parking that just OPENED *WHEN* I needed IT!



- [above] - THIS has tiny Quarter-Inch PLEATS
-- $1.99 for just under a METER.








- Where I got These FAB FABRIC PIECES!!






At $7.99, a tad Pricey for My Liking of THESE 3-Meters of COTTON
-- But, just *couldn't* RESIST THIS *CLASSIC* BLACK & WHITE "60s-MOD"!!


THE MALL - Needed to Buy *more* LOSING-LOTTERY-TICKETS!


The ROOF-GUYS "literally" LEFT, **MINUTES** before I got HOME! -- IT only Took THEM about 7-HOURS - [excluding Lunch] - to do THE JOB and the Excellent *CLEAN-UP*!
-- The ROOF Looks GREAT! Just hope that IT "Works" AS Well!!




************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10