Saturday, August 17, 2013

*BOOKS!* *BOOKS!* *BOOKS!* Oooo! LOOK!! *MORE* BOOKS!!

GEEZ! AFTER 40-YEARS OF WORKING IN LIBRARIES, YOU'D THINK THAT I'D NEVER WANT TO SEE *ANOTHER* BOOK?! - huh?

-- a 14-Inch-High-35-*PLUS*-Pounds-*STACK*-of-16-"REFERENCE"-TOMES Later...




nuts! - I *hope* there aren't any DOUBLES..? -- I really DO *need* to make a "BIBLIO-LIST"... ugh! "Cataloguing"... crap!

okay. sooo... LONG-STORY-PROBABLY-NOT-SO-SHORT... There was an ESTATE-SALE in BEACON HILL. Again.

MOST of the "STUFF" was Outside. -- THEY were only letting in a Few-People at a Time *into* THE HOUSE - We never did bother... Besides, I probably would have just been *too* TEMPTED to SPEND *more* MONEY!!

Anyhoo... "The-HUSBAND" had Passed-Away a Few Years back - [apparently He had been a SCIENTIST who used to Work for the *same* Government-Department that I used to!] - and "The-WIFE", who was 89, had Recently moved into "A HOME"... "The-FAMILY" was DOWN-SIZING!

As it turns out, THEY had a somewhat LARGE "Informative" LIBRARY!

The Laneway held SEVERAL *FULL* Bookshelving-UNITS... The Majority of My "HAUL" was from ONE-Bottom-Shelf. -- THAT was My "FIRST-LOAD"! And, a bit of a struggle to handle... IT's been a WHILE... Of course, IT was a Foot-High-25-Pound-"BAD"-ARM-*FULL*!!

Not to mention, the rather lovely MILKGLASS VASE that I was Trying *NOT* to Drop!! -- I'll Post a Pic of That, Tomorrow... As well as, of the OTHER *COOL* STUFF that I GOT Today!

The "SECOND-LOAD" was about a third *less*..? -- whatever... The BACKSEAT of The CAR looked like the Interior of a BOOK-MOBILE!! -- hmm...

Meanwhile, for the MEAGER Investment of $16., I'm certain that I've Acquired a FORTUNE of KNOWLEDGEABLE BIBLIO-ness!! -- Now, I just HAVE to "Live" LONG enough to get *through* THEM ALL!!

*********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10