Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Although I *DON'T* Feel Like IT...

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE JUST BEEN SHOVED OVER THE CLIFF OF "MIDDLE-AGED" INTO THE ABYSS OF "OLD"!?!

...so...I'm at THE GAP, rather ENJOYING the STORE's "MUSIC"... There's some Piece of CLASSIC-"..THE DEVIL'S MUSIC!.." Genre of PRE-ROCK'N'ROLL playing -- The *sort* of Rhythm that would have *INSPIRED* ELVIS! -- And, I casually strike up a Conversation with a VERY-PRETTY-20-SOMETHING-GIRL who is also finding IT "appealing"...

As I give Her a "TWITTER"-VERSION-MUSIC-HISTORY-LESSON, I just happen to toss in a *Habitual*-"DICK CLARK"-Colloquialism... I get back the DEER-IN-THE-HEADLIGHTS-STARE!

Granted, We're in CANADA and "DICK" is an *AMERICAN*-ICON, but still..?!

When Her Eyes began to GLAZE-OVER as I *Explained* "AMERICAN-BANDSTAND", I pretty much surrendered and told Her to "ASK" Her PARENTS! -- I probably *should* have suggested the *GRAND*-PARENTS!

At THAT Moment, I began to FEEL "ANCIENT"! -- And, *WITHOUT* a SENIORS'-DISCOUNT!!

I then proceeded to Purchase the ON-SALE-NEON-CORAL-COTTON-SWEATSHIRT and headed for MICHAEL'S...

oh. look... *SHINY* RIBBION!!



*******************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10