Sunday, January 20, 2013

Upon FROZEN Puddles...

hmm... I WONDER IF THIS IS HOW THOSE ANTARCTIC SUB-GLACIAL LAKES STARTED OUT..?

okay. soooo....

IT *didn't* RAIN! - Last Night OR Today... A "GOOD THING"!!

HOWEVER... Temps stayed ABOVE "FREEZING" Overnight. The RESULT - MELTWATER!
BUT, as the Bright and SHINY Dawn arrived, the EXPECTED COLD-FRONT came along *much* SOONER! - AND, in the rather UN-anticipated "Form" of GUSTING-FRIGID-WIND!! -- I hadn't figured on THAT one!

CHANGE of PLANS...

Meanwhile, at *some* Time during the WARM Evening, a NOT-SO-EVIL-SNOWPLOW-GUY had actually PROPERLY "TRIMMED" away the ROAD-SNOW-"POOP" along The CURB! And, of course, ended up BURYING the SEWER once again! - Although, not *that* Badly...

However, there was the USUAL "WAVE"-DEBRIS just IN Our Lane... WHICH, was in *NEED* of Removal *BEFORE* IT could FREEZE-UP into Something that would take a BLOWTORCH to MELT! And, Temps were Falling FAST! -- I was literally trying to Beat the THERMOMETER!

But FIRST, I had to get to My SHOVELS. "IN" the GARAGE. ACROSS the FRIGID-WIND-SWEPT-FLASH-FROZEN-WALKWAY... uh-oh... "McMURDO-BASE, We have a PROBLEM..."

Remember that MELTWATER..? -- Well... IT sorta went OVER the "LIP" of the GARAGE-DOOR...

Remember that SUDDEN "FREEZING"..? -- Well... The DOOR is sorta Frozen-TO-the-CEMENT-FLOOR!!

Remember how My ICE-CHOPPER is IN the GARAGE..? -- Well... I *HOPE* that My *Good* ARM is STRONG ENOUGH to PULL the Door "FREE"..? Otherwise, I am *totally* SCREWED!

ANYHOO... LONG-POLAR-EXPEDITION-SHORT...

I GOT the Door OPEN! Then, Discovered that the nearby offending-ICE was only a Centimeter-THICK with WATER Beneath! - huh...

And, the DEBRIS-WAVE was *still* SOFT! - With some WATER there as well... hmm...

Later, I checked out that FLAT-ICY section of the Walkway to the Side of the House... oh-kay... Slightly THICKER-ICE over 3-Inches of WATER!! -- Chopping and SCOOPING soon Commenced!

I only stayed OUT for an Hour. Temps were DROPPING and the WIND was picking UP! -- Gonna be in the -20C to -30C range for the next FEW Days... Just like IT *USED TO BE* a Decade AGO! -- Hopefully, I'll get more KNITTING done..?

So. THIS is Finished! -- Remember, the "YELLOW" is actually *more* "GREEN"...




"HIGH-LIGHTER"




























PATONS "Classic Wool"
- 100% New WOOL
- [made in TURKEY]
- Colour: 77223-Lemongrass
- Colour: 77435-Water Chestnut








**************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10