Wednesday, February 27, 2013

R.I.P. FAV SHOVEL!!

I really *HATE* WET SNOW!!

"SCOOPY" was My GO-TO-GUY!! -- Light-Weight. *SKINNY* for those HARD-to-GET-to-Spots! And, with *just* THE RIGHT "CURVE" to Scoop WATER and FLING-AWAY the FLAKES!

**NUTS**!!

The SHAFT snapped right below the Scoop-Base-Cup... Will probably have to take a CORK-SCREW DRILL-BIT, or whatever, to pull out the Remaining WOOD. -- You know, that's the SECOND TIME that I've SNAPPED the Shaft on that THING! IT got *too* WET the Last Time, too!

I'm thinking that a METAL Shaft would be BEST Next Time. Or, a Metal CUFF around a HARDWOOD One at that *troublesome* Area... That *sort* of Thing appears to work on My METAL-SHOVEL. - Although, after TODAY's "CONDITIONS", I'm also thinking about wrapping some TAPE over IT as a minor Water-PROOFING effort and RE-inforcement!

The DAY's "SNOW-DUMP" was rather NASTY!

The TEMPS have been hovering over the Freezing-Mark, so PRECIPITATION "QUALITY" has been ANNOYINGLY UN-Predictable!! AS has that rather LARGE STORM to the SOUTH... Once again, We've been "BRUSHED" by the NORTHERN-EDGE. Only, THIS Time...

Around SUN-UP, IT began... BIG-FAT-FLUFFY-FAST-and-FURIOUSLY-FALLING-FLAKES filling the Air!! And, with the WIND *whipping* Them sideways... Just like being in a COTTON-CANDY-MACHINE. -- EXCEPT, "THIS" was COTTON-*SLUSH*!!

A good 4-Inches on the Ground by the Time I got Out... ANY *MORE*, and I WOULD have Broken SCOOPY a LOT Earlier!! -- THINK - WET *CEMENT*.

And THEN, there's the "FUNNY"-Part, where the "Spot" that has JUST been *Shovelled*, is INSTANTLY Replaced with ANOTHER Quarter-Inch LAYER of "DEJA-SNOW"... -- oh. yeah. and, let's NOT "FORGET" about The-SNOW-BEYOND-The-CURB..??

The GOOD NEWS -- EVIL-SNOWBLOW-GUY hadn't come by. YET.

The BAD NEWS -- SCRAPING and SHOVELLING the 9-FEET out INTO the Road worth of "BLUE"-WET-HEAVY-SNOW is *What* KILLED My SCOOPY!!

ANYHOO...

AFTER *THREE-HOURS*, I was pretty much SOAKED THROUGH from the continuing onslaught of Badly-DISGUISED-*RAIN*-DROPS! -- Time to DRY-OUT!! And, SAVE whatever "ENERGY" I have LEFT for TOMORROW's Episode of... "SCOOPY'S REVENGE"!

Rumour has it that EVIL-SNOWBLOW-GUY has PLOW-POOPED at My CURB..?!

hmmm...

*************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10