Friday, November 29, 2013

The YARN-"TOUR"-de-SHIPPING...

I'M GUESSING, NO ONE CAN GET *HERE* FROM "THERE"..?

The OTHER DAY, I "mentioned" that I had Bought some YARN. - ONLINE... My Fav PATONS "CLASSIC WOOL", at a *really* GREAT PRICE!! - Plus, FREE SHIPPING!

But, a bit of "BACKGROUND" first...

Apparently, in the Past Year, NORTH AMERICAN Yarn Companies PATONS, BERNAT, CARON, and LILY decided to "pool" Their MARKETING - [or Whatever] - RESOURCES together under a Site called "YARNSPIRATIONS", which is Based out of CANADA's primary Yarn-"Country" in The-MIDDLE-of-NOWHERE-ONTARIO...

I suppose IT works for Them... Although, *Personally*, there are aspects of this New-Arrangement that I'm not really all that *fond* of. - But, THAT's *My* "problem". So far...

Anyway... There's this BIG SALE going on, on "Select" YARNS... Thankfully, that included the CLASSIC WOOL! - However, *only* in a Handful of Colours... Otherwise, I WOULD have Bought a **LOT** More at THAT Price!!

So... I placed My ORDER on the 21st. Got an Order-Confirmation quickly enough - telling Me to Wait for a "SHIPPING"-Confirmation to Verify that EVERYTHING I "Ordered" was actually "IN STOCK"... However, Said "CONFIRMATION" didn't show up until the 26th! -- When IT did, I got a "TRACKING NUMBER" from a Major COURIER COMPANY and the notice that THE PARCEL had been *Sent Out* on the 24th!

okay.. That's all within *Reason*, considering that there's likely Lots of Orders since it was a BIG SALE.

Meanwhile though, due to "HIGH VOLUME", I had NOT been able to ascertain ANY further INFORMATION regarding THE PARCEL from the COURIER COMPANY other than the TRACKING NUMBER! - Until, THIS Evening [29th]...

Up until this point, I didn't even know from *WHERE* IT was being Shipped *FROM*!?

And, IF I'm reading it right, GRAND RAPIDS, "MICHIGAN" appears to be the "POINT-of-ORIGIN"... Where, IT's been SITTING for a FEW DAYS until being Sent to DES PLAINES, "ILLINOIS"!?? - Today! -- And, is Now suppose to be PASSED ON to a CANADIAN COURIER COMPANY..??


okay, EVERYONE, Grab a MAP of NORTH AMERICA. In particularly, of the area around The GREAT LAKES... I'll wait...


Find OTTAWA first - way to the EAST... Between TORONTO and MONTREAL. Now, DES PLAINES is a "suburb" of CHICAGO. Bottom WEST side of LAKE MICHIGAN - [the droopy Middle Lake] - and, GRAND RAPIDS is a third way up the EAST side of the LAKE... *IN* the "State" of MICHIGAN. Closer to DETROIT. Which, is *on* THE U.S.-CANADA BORDER!! -- Not to mention, to the *EAST* and also *CLOSER* than CHICAGO!?

PEOPLE! - IT's a Box of "YARN", *NOT* a "NEW CAR"!!

You know, DESPITE the Fact that I *still* don't HAVE THE PARCEL *yet*, that "FREE SHIPPING" part is looking better and better! -- Although, whether or not I'll end up having to PAY any "DUTY-CUSTOM"-FEES remains a Mystery!!

Anyhoo... I'll keep YOU ALL "Posted" on IT's *PROGRESS*...

*****************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10