Monday, January 2, 2012

CHOP & SHOP Till I DROP!

FOR ONCE, The WEATHER and I were ON "the Same Page"! ...for the "most" part...

Between the Higher Temps and last Night's Freezing Rain, most of the Thick-ICY-PATCHES softened up enough to be Chopped, and/or Melted! The SUN was also making an "Appearance" to HELP Things along...

However, a somewhat strong-Frigid WIND was literally Freeze-Drying ANY bits of Exposed Water!
-- My Ice CHOPPING "window" had a Time Restraint for optimum Success... And, I *really* wanted to GO Shopping, too!

ahh... The *Joys* of "Game" planning...

PATCHES were Triaged in order to be Done in the "Scheduled" 45-Minute Period I had allotted. Then, it was a quick Bite-to-Eat, Clean-Up, and OUT with MOTHER to *SHOP*!!

I had wanted to go to One Particular Place, but, it was Late in the Day with way too much Traffic over There. So, We headed toward Closer "Pickings" and THE MALL...

First Stop - BOWRING. That Swirling-Metal-Wire-Christmas-Tree - [sorry. couldn't find a pic] - They have was Seriously ON SALE! And, equally as *Tempting*! - BUT... IT *doesn't* "fold-up"! IT's rather awkward to store, let alone, get INTO The CAR... Otherwise, IT would've looked *Wicked* at My CRAFT SHOW Displays!

-- Speaking of which, there was also Another "TREE" that would have "Packed" well enough. However, even the Sale Price was a tad too "rich" for My "Budget"...

OLD NAVY was next... Not much left There... hmm...those Sweaters I bought the Other Week were Priced even Lower! - I'll have to see if I can get a "Price-Adjustment"..? -- Anyway, got THESE "PJ" PANTS for PRINCESS PRE-TEEN and *NEW*-AUNTIE-MOM. They like These Characters, and the Price was Right!




On, to THE MALL... "SENIORS' DAY" at ZELLER'S -- MOTHER spent way too much Time with the Christmas Stuff... WHILST, I found some KNITTING NEEDLES in a Size that I've been Looking for.

Oh! That Reminds Me... FAIRY-T?? I'm "good" with My Needle "Supply", THANKS! - MOTHER has "Stock"...

We - eventually - finished up at LOBLAWS to Scavenge Their much *better* 75% OFF Holiday Stuff! Got about a Dozen Rolls of WRAPPING PAPER. Some Cat and Dog Ones for The KIDS. Some Red and Green CELLOPHANE Paper that I can use. As well as Several Rolls of PLAIN-BROWN-Paper for Parcels!

Since the Hour was getting ON, We pulled Ourselves Away... Although, I'm *sure* that MOTHER will be Wanting *another* GO at IT, Tomorrow! -- Shoveling and CHOPPING "Pending"...

********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10